Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Monday, December 28, 2009

Cheese of the Month!

So Al and I decided to have a cheese of the month and we started that in November. We're super poor newlyweds who enjoy delicious cheeses of places like Paris, London, Rome, Geneva, and more! SO since we can't afford to have it all the time.... ONCE a month we choose a cheese we want to try or that we've tried and loved!

November's Cheese was Chevre-- basically goat cheese. It's delicious and creamy and ALEX loved it!
December's Cheese was probably Al's least favorite of the two... lol, he just didn't like it. It was Brie! I love it and so does his mother. This is a native french cheese that does wonders on a baguette!
SO... I suppose since Christmas just happened we should talk about it a little. I got Al a journal that he really wanted. He's an English nerd and has wanted a nice journal to write his book ideas, movie ideas, and teaching ideas, and analyzing ideas, and really just his ideas in general. My sweet boy is so funny! He says that one day years after we've passed away someone will find the great journal of Alex M. Christensen and publish it and it will be a great work! So I got him this beautiful journal from Barnes & Nobles leather covered and looks like one of the oldin days atlases. I also got him some little toys for his stocking as well. Alex bought me 7 pairs of crazy socks because my socks are old and not fun! I will now be known as the crazy sock lady.... THe best gift I was given of all is a sweet song my baby wrote for me. In high school he had a SKA BAND named 2 Fat 2 Fly. Well everyone from that band is finally home from the missions. THe last one got home 3 weeks ago. SO 3 weeks ago he called the last band mate and begged his band mates to help him play this song and record it for me. He wrote all the instrument lines by himself and the lyrics and spent hours for a month coming up with this song!!! I wish I knew how to upload it, but if they ever come up with a music video for I'll definitely post it! I love my hubbie!!!!!
Merry Christmas, Happy New Years, Eat Cheese!

7 comments:

  1. That picture is adorable of you two!! I love cheese too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can understand Alex's journal obsession. I'm kinda the same way. =) And I just have to say that Scott LOVES Brie cheese! Glad you had a great Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cheese thing is such a cool idea! I think we might join you. we LOOOOVE cheese:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Orchid :) Thank you for your sweet comment! I will be sure to call if i need any advice from you :) THANK YOU!! Do you plan on teaching this fall?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Orchid... I hope you had a wonderful Christmas! I love reading yall's blog.. its so cute.
    I have a question though... how do i get peoples blogs on the side of mine, like you have on yours?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Orchid! I ran into your blog today. I hope that you two are doing well! Good luck with getting a teaching job! Kaylie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Im so jealous i dont get to work out with you and sarah. They won't let brian and i work out up on campus anymore. Man, that makes me feel old. We have memberships at world gym now. But yes! Let's please get together sometime soon!

    ReplyDelete