Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Sunday, October 4, 2009

Conference with the Christensens

Conference...
It's such a wonderful time to spend with family get around the television and look to the Prophets of our day and listen to them speak.

Conference is also a time to get answers to prayers.

I've been rethinking teaching a lot lately. I just get so stressed out when the students don't listen and when I have management issues with them, it just kills me.
I get so stressed out when I don't know how to teach a concept. I try to teach it in a few different ways and when it still doesn't get to them I get so sad.
I guess frustration is the wrong word, but I just feel incapable of teaching sometimes. I just feel like it's so important for me to get to each and everyone of those students and when I can't it just kills me. I want to know in my heart that every single one of my students leave knowing they will be on level with the grade they're going into. I want every single of my students to leave LOVING learning. I want every single one of my students leave having confidence in themselves as a person and a contributor of the world...
But Alas, these are only the dreams of a College Student Graduating in Elementary Education...

I've prayed a lot and decided that in these next three years being here in Rexburg while Alex is finishing his Bachelors that I want to go ahead and get my Masters Degree. I mean why not... I'll be here for the next three years, and I bet working full-time as a teacher I can get my Masters done in three years, don't ya think? I do... I want it to happen, therefore it will! Heavenly Father I feel like has put his stamp of approval on it.

Anyways, other than these things that I've come up with, I've got to spend a wonderful weekend with Al's side of the family. I am the honestly the LUCKIEST girl in the entire world. I love my family so much, but I don't get to see them much. My mom living in Iran, my brother in Atlanta, and my Dad in New Orleans we are all scatter and it's hard to get us all together ever. Yet I married a boy with a family right here in town. It's wonderful, because every single sunday we get to go over and spend a great time with them. I have never been to such a happier dinner table then one of the Christensens. Mom is the best cook and it's like Thanksgiving EVERY SUNDAY... I wonder what Thanksgiving will be like. And Dad and Mikel are so bad, joking around all the time making me laugh so hard I fall out of my seat, while Megan is saying, " OH MIKEL!" In her sweet voice. I love her so much, she has the sweetest voice. I can just know that wherever they end up Megan will be all her children's friend's favorite mom if that makes any sense. I am really blessed with my own family because my brother, dad, and mom are just so wonderful even though they're far away, and they get my nerves ( whose family doesn't, honestly!) I love them so much and love talking to them. But then I've also been blessed to have a family right here close to home where I can come and just be with and they make me feel as if I've been their daughter my entire life.


I love Conference.

5 comments:

  1. Orchid!! you are soo cute!! love your post! I feel the EXACT same way with my kids!! its just one day at a time and at the end of the day.. if you feel you have gave it your all and work your hardest... thats all you can do!! I know that you are doing just that so don't feel discouraged! Its hard to see the BIG picture but at the end of the year.. they will all appreciate you and grow to their potential!! LOVE ya girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree about every Sunday being like Thanksgiving! We look forward to being with your family every Sunday. It's the highlight of our week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're amazing! And I agree- Conference is wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Teaching the next 3 years while working on a masters sounds like a load. How on earth are you going to have time to be a mom with all that?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey! So I am just responding to what you wrote on Ash's blog. My mom has started an e-mail list of people that she will forward e-mails to, so I will ask her to send it to you as well! What is your e-mail address? YOu can leave it on facebook in a message or whatever works best for you!

    ReplyDelete